How to install a Web Server (IIS) role on a Windows 2008 Server
|Article:TECH95926|||||Created: 2009-01-01|||||Updated: 2010-01-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95926|
The Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) cannot be installed on a Windows 2008 server unless necessary IIS roles are in place. How do I install a Web Server (IIS) role on a Windows 2008 Server for the purpose of installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)?
On the Windows 2008 server, go to Control Panel
- Click on Programs and features
- Under Tasks, click on "Turn Windows features on or off"
- This will launch the Server Manager
- Click Roles on the left pane
- Under Roles Summary in the right pane, Click Add Roles
- Put a check mark next to Web Server (IIS) and click Next
- Click Next on the "Introduction to Web Server (IIS) page
- Under the Application development category, select ASP.NET AND CGI
- Under the Management tools category, select IIS 6.0 Management Compatibility including all sub-categories: IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility, IIS 6 WMI Compatibility, IIS 6 Scripting Tools, IIS 6 Management Console
- Click Next and then click Install
- After the installation has succeeded click on the Close button
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH95926