Default Rules Apply to User Even Though a Custom Rule Has Precedence
|Article:TECH96022|||||Created: 2009-01-08|||||Updated: 2012-08-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96022|
You notice that a default rule is being applied to a user. This happens even when there is a cutom rule that applies to the user. This may result in a user being allowed to perform actions they should not be allowed to perform.
- This issue typically only is seen during a multi-party chat conversation.
IM Manager loads the rules on a per-user basis. The rules are loaded the first time the user participates in a conversation by the first thread that sees the user. If another thread is processing a message for the same user at the same time instead of waiting for the rules to be loaded it uses the default rules.
This issue has been resolved as of IM Manager 8.4.12. Upgrade to IM Manager 8.4.12 or higher.
Use the IM Manager Administration Console to view the policies that apply to a user:
- 1. Click on the Administration tab.
2. Click on the User Management|Modify Users.
3. Enter appropriate search criteria (if applicable) and click the Submit button.
4. Click on the hyperlink of the user's Display Name to view the User Effective Policy page. This shows the rules that apply to the user.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96022