How to change the host name of the servers running Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with a replication partner?
|Article:TECH96090|||||Created: 2009-01-10|||||Updated: 2011-10-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96090|
How to change the host name of the servers running Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) with a replication partner?
Follow the steps below in order to change the hostname of the server running Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager with a replication partner:
Note: Before you proceed it is strongly recommended that, you should back up the database.
For best guidance see the document:
Title: 'Best Practices for Disaster Recovery with Symantec Endpoint Protection'
Document ID: TECH102333
> Web URL: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102333
- Create a new Management Server List with the new host name of the server
- Assign the Management Server List to the group which belong to that particular site
- Once the changes has been replicated between the replication partners make sure that the clients have the same communication settings
- Change the host name of the server
- Reboot the server
- After reboot run Management Server Configuration Wizard without breaking the replication partner
- Select the option Reconfigure The Management Server and complete the Wizard
- Login to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and Initiate replication
Title: 'Recommended Procedure for SEPM IP Address Change'
Document ID: 2008122212510448
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96090