How do I create a non .exe OR a .msi Install Package for Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection.
|Article:TECH96388|||||Created: 2009-01-25|||||Updated: 2009-01-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96388|
I could not run setup.exe file on the system due to Policies, is there a way I would have a .msi package created??
Setup.exe is not running OR could not be Run OR facing issues resulting in "The Windows Installer service issues"
To create the new custom install package
- 1. In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console, on the Admin tab, under Tasks, click Install Packages.
The current default client installation packages appear on the right.
2. Under View Install Packages, click Client Install Packages.
3. Under Tasks, click Export client install package.
4. Browse to or create a preferred export folder, and select it.
5. Select whether or not you want to create a single ".exe" file. (Here, we need to uncheck the box to create a non .exe or a .msi package )
6. Select Installation Settings and Features.
7. Select Custom Install Settings from the settings drop down.
8. Select Custom feature set from the features drop down.
9. Select the group to which the client will be installed. If no group has been created, select the Default group.
10. Select the Preferred Mode. The default is Computer mode.
11. Click OK.
The new install package is created in the location that you specified.
Note: Symantec Antivirus.msi Package is very useful in many issues where Customers often face issues like "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
Creating custom Client Installation packages in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console
Error message when you try to add or remove a program on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Server 2003: "The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96388