Installation of Symantec Mail Security 6.5 for Microsoft Exchange fails
|Article:TECH96870|||||Created: 2009-01-19|||||Updated: 2010-01-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96870|
Symantec Technical Support does not yet know the exact cause of the error message that you received. This can happen because the problem does not occur very often or Symantec Technical Support has not been able to reproduce the error. In some cases, the error message may be caused by a problem on the computer itself, such as damaged system files, a worm, or a Trojan.
Possible causes for an installation failure include: - The target computer does not meet minimum system requirements. - Your account lacks the proper rights and permissions to perform the installation. - A previous version of the software was not completely removed.
Confirm that the target computer meets the minimum system requirements.
- Make sure that you are installing with an account that has administrator rights.
- Verify that Administrators and the SYSTEM account have Full Control Permissions to the file system and to the following registry locations:
- If the problem persists, uninstall any previous version of the product and start the installation again. Follow up with a manual uninstall to ensure that all components are removed.
- Error: "Failed to enable ASP.NET web extensions." when installing Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 6
- System Requirements for Symantec Mail Security 6.5 for Microsoft Exchange on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/Server 2007
- System Requirements for Symantec Mail Security 6.5 for Microsoft Exchange on Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
- Manual removal instructions for Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange, Symantec Antivirus/Filtering for Microsoft Exchange, or Norton Antivirus for Microsoft Exchange
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH96870