Large files under "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\i2_ldvp.tmp" folder.
|Article:TECH97520|||||Created: 2009-01-17|||||Updated: 2011-11-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH97520|
Large files found under "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\i2_ldvp.tmp" folder. Unable to delete the files.
When you try to delete the files you get error " The file is encrypted and user does not have ability to decrypt it"
Lack of required disk space to extract files from a compressed file that is being scanned.
Permissisons have been changed from Microsoft default.
- Temporarily stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) services and then attempt to delete the files.
- Reboot into Safe Mode and attempt to delete files.
The folder "i2_ldvp.tmp" is used as a temporary location for the files which are getting extracted during a scan.
The files located in that folder should be automatically deleted as soon as scan completes.
Reasons for files not being automatically deleted after the scan include the following:
- The scan didn’t complete successfully.
- There was not enough hard disk space for SEP to extract the file.
- Rights and permissions for this (And other) folders have been modified from Microsoft default.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH97520