Users are not able to access large Zip files from a NetApp Filer when Symantec Scan Engine 5.X is scanning files.
|Article:TECH98075|||||Created: 2009-01-14|||||Updated: 2011-06-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98075|
Clients are not able to access large Zip files from a NetApp Filer when Symantec Scan Engine 5.2.x is scanning files.
- User attempts to down load a zip files
- User gets an error that the file is not accessible.
- Scan Engine 5.2.X is connected to the NetAPP Filer.
The cause of this large file getting blocked would depend on the Error/Warning that was thrown by Symantec Scan Engine in the Scan Engine log file and the error reported in the NetApp Syslog. Typically large container files are blocked because,
1. The Symantec Scan Engine container extract time limit was reached.
2. The NetApp about_timeout was reached.
3. The Symantec Scan Engine maximum extract size limit was reached.
4. The large container file in question was over 2GB in size.
Note, if Symantec Scan Engine build 5.2.1 through build 5.2.3 is being used, please upgrade to Scan Engine build 5.2.4 or newer.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98075