Change the IP Address that clients use to communicate with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
|Article:TECH98430|||||Created: 2010-01-07|||||Updated: 2012-06-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98430|
How to change the IP Address that clients use to communicate with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
Need to change the IP address of the computer on which the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager is installed
To change the IP Address that clients use to communicate with the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, create a Management Server List that has the new IP Address configured and assign that policy to all the groups..
- In the SEPM console, click Policies
- Under View Policies, click Policy Components
- In the list that appears, click Management server lists
- Under Tasks, click Add a Management server list
- Give the new Management Server List a name (and description if desired)
- Choose HTTP or HTTPS protocol
- In Management Servers, on the right, click Add, slide over and choose New Server
- Enter the New IP address that will be assigned to the SEPM server.
- Check the port value for the SEPM server in the Default management server list It would be listed as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8014, where 8014 is the port value.
- If there is a port value listed in Default Management Server List : Check Customize HTTP port or Customize HTTPS port and enter a port value.
- If the is no port value listed in Default Management Server List : Then confirm that Customize HTTP port is unchecked.
Repeat 7-9 if you want to reference the same server by host name of the server, for step 8, enter the server name instead of IP.
10. Click on OK to confirm.
11. Right click on the new management server list and assign it to the appropriate groups.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98430