The Symantec Security Response sample submission process
|Article:TECH98526|||||Created: 1998-01-02|||||Updated: 2011-06-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98526|
You need to know the process and possible results of submitting files to Symantec Security Response.
The submission process
- You submit the sample to Symantec Security Response.
- Symantec Security Response receives the sample package.
- Symantec Security Response opens the files, and places them in a queue for analysis.
- Symantec Security Response sends you an acknowledgement with a tracking number.
- Symantec Security Response analyzes the package.
- Symantec Security Response sends you the results of the analysis.
Email responses are automatically generated. The sending address is SecurityResponse@symantec.com. If you receive the acknowledgement of receipt, followed later by the results of Symantec's analysis, then the system is working as designed.
Note: The SecurityResponse@symantec.com email address is not monitored. Questions and other communication to that email address will not receive a response.
If you do not receive an acknowledgement of the submission, one of the following has happened:
- The submission did not arrive at Symantec Security Response.
- The submission arrived, but the return email address was incorrect .
- The submission arrived and the acknowledgement was sent, but your email server refused to accept the message from Symantec.
If you receive an acknowledgement but do not receive the results of the analysis, one of the following is happening:
- The issue is still being analyzed.
- Symantec Security Response sent you an automated response, but it was lost before reaching you.
- Symantec Security Response sent you an automated response, but your email server refused the message.
If one of the above problems has occurred, contact Symantec Technical Support for further assistance.
For instructions on submitting a sample to Symantec Security Response using Scan and Deliver, read the document How to submit a file to Symantec Security Response using Scan and Deliver.
For instructions on submitting via the web How to Use the Web Submission Process
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98526