Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition or Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition prompts for password when uninstalling clients
|Article:TECH98604|||||Created: 1999-01-06|||||Updated: 2007-01-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98604|
When you attempt to uninstall one or more managed clients, you are prompted to enter a password. When you enter the server group password, you see a message indicating that the password is invalid.
The client uninstallation password is independent of the server group and can be set by the administrator through the Symantec System Center if the client is managed. If the client uninstallation password has not been set specifically, it will still be the default password. The default password for the uninstalling clients is symantec
To specify or change the client uninstallation password
- Start the Symantec System Center, and unlock the server group.
- Right-click a server, server group, or client group, and then click All Tasks > Norton AntiVirus or Symantec AntiVirus > Client Administrator Only Options.
- On the Security tab, check Ask for password to allow uninstall of Norton AntiVirus or Symantec AntiVirus client.
- Click Change.
- In the Configure Password dialog box, type a new password, and then confirm by typing the password again.
- Click OK until you return to the main Symantec System Center console window.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH98604