Symantec antivirus software will not work or reinstall after upgrading a Windows 98/95 computer to Windows XP/2000
|Article:TECH99497|||||Created: 2001-01-19|||||Updated: 2007-01-09|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH99497|
You upgraded from Windows 98/95 to Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP on a computer on which Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition or Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.x was installed. After the upgrade, you cannot use or reinstall your antivirus software.
After manually uninstalling the antivirus software and Symevent files, you can then successfully reinstall.
- Uninstall Norton or Symantec AntiVirus. To be sure that Norton or Symantec AntiVirus is removed from your computer, use the manual uninstall document that fits your situation.
- How to uninstall the Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.x for Windows 95/98 client manually
- How to uninstall the Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.0 for Windows NT client manually
- How to uninstall the Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition 7.5 and 7.6 for Windows NT/2000/XP client manually
- How to manually uninstall the Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.0 for Windows 98/Me client
- How to manually uninstall Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.0 Client on Windows NT/2000/XP
- Manually uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x from Windows 98/Me
- Manually uninstalling Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x client from Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
- Uninstall Symevent using the following steps.
WARNING: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please ensure that you modify only the specified keys.
Read the document How to back up the Windows registry before proceeding.
- Click Start > Run.
- In the Open line, type regedit.exe and then click OK.
- Navigate to the following registry subkey:
- Right-click SymEvent, and then click Delete.
- Click the Registry menu, and then click Exit to save the changes and close the Registry Editor.
- Click Start, point to Find or Search, and then click Files or Folders. Search for and delete the following files.
- Reinstall the Symevent files, using the steps in the document How to update the Symevnt files.
- Reinstall Norton or Symantec AntiVirus.
For information about upgrading from Windows 98/95 to Windows 2000, see the following Microsoft documents:
How to Prepare to Upgrade Windows 95 or Windows 98 to Windows 2000 - article ID 250297
Windows Me to Windows 2000 Upgrade Is Not Supported - article ID 272627
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH99497