How to "walk the tree" when installing Symantec AntiVirus to NetWare servers
|Article:TECH99863|||||Created: 2002-01-15|||||Updated: 2010-09-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH99863|
You are ready to install Symantec AntiVirus server to a NetWare 5.x or 6.x server. During an NDS installation, you must select the correct volume on the server to which you are installing. You want help finding the correct path to the NetWare server or volume, which is referred to as "walking the tree."
During the installation process, there are two choices for NetWare installation, and it is not explicitly stated which is for Bindery and which is for NDS installations. To perform an NDS installation, you must walk the tree under NetWare services, not NetWare servers. For complete instructions, follow these steps:
To walk the tree to the volume
- Start the installation, and proceed until you reach the Select Computers screen.
- Double-click NetWare services.
WARNING: If you select the server under NetWare servers instead of NetWare services, the wizard will perform a Bindery installation instead of an NDS installation. Symantec does not recommend that you install Symantec AntiVirus to the Bindery.
- Double-click Novell directory services.
The NDS tree is displayed.
- In the NDS tree, navigate to the server onto which you want to install the program.
- Select a volume on the server (typically the SYS volume), and then click Add.
- Click Next.
If you are not logged on to that server, you are prompted for a user name and a password.
- Specify the correct NDS Container in which the groups and the logon information will be created.
Only users logging on to the specified container will be able to execute the installation logon script.
- Click OK.
- Confirm that the server volume onto which you are installing the program appears in the right pane.
- Click Next to continue with the installation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH99863