How to install Backup Exec
Articles, videos and downloads that help solve the most common problems related to Symantec Backup Exec.
How to install Backup Exec 2014: Step-by-Step
- Pre-Install recommendation:
Review the following documents before attempting to install Backup Exec 2014
a. Best Practices for Backup Exec 2014 installation
b. Backup Exec 2014 Software Compatibility List (SCL)
c. Backup Exec 2014 Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)
- Download the Installation media:
The Backup Exec 2014 DVD ISO image can be downloaded using one of the following methods:
a. Download from the FileConnect website
b. Download from the Backup Exec Trialware website.
- Begin Backup Exec 2014 installation:
Double click on the "Browser.exe" file from the DVD media to launch the Backup Exec installation.
- Finish Backup Exec 2014 installation:
Follow the Backup Exec Wizard instructions to install the product. For detailed instructions see Step By Step guide to download and install Backup Exec 2014
Note: A reboot may be required to complete the installation.
- Post-Install recommendations:
a. Run LiveUpdate – Best Practices for Backup Exec 2014 and LiveUpdate
b. Reinstall Agent for Windows Systems (AWS) – Methods for installing the Agent for Windows
- Backup Exec server upgrade fails when SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with SP2 fails to install
- Before or after an upgrade to Backup Exec 2012 or above, Shadow Copy selections need to be removed
- How to import Catalogs into a Backup Exec 12.x or later installation
- How to upgrade / migrate (move) to Backup Exec 2010 and a different server name / OS
- After upgrading Backup Exec a backup of the local server fails with a Remote Agent error
- Install fails "ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603. GetLastError = :0"
- "FATAL ERROR: Error 1606.Could not access network location \IDR\Data."
- Backup Exec 2012 upgrade fails to install leaving the Backup Exec database in single user mode.