Veritas Cluster File System from Symantec
Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System is the cornerstone of a highly available environment, delivering faster recovery for business-critical applications –– with reduced complexity and costs.Compared to traditional single-instance file system implementations, Cluster File System significantly reduces application downtime and improves data access. Because multiple servers share the same storage resources, the length of time it takes to bring storage online is drastically reduced when an application fails. Its high performance file system spans heterogeneous servers to provide concurrent access to data and enables faster failover of applications and databases, such as Oracle, SAP or Tibco.
Symantec Enterprise Solution for Hadoop Overview (3:32)
Learn how we make Hadoop enterprise-ready using Veritas Cluster File System technology. Now you can run Big Data analytics for timely business insights - all using your existing infrastructure.
ESG Analyst Brief: Veritas Storage Foundation High Availability 6.0
This paper examines Symantec's latest announcement related to achieving business availability and meeting the service level agreements (SLAs) in place today.
- Centralized management of file systems and cluster volumes provides operational efficiency and maximum uptime
- Clustered ISCI provides scalable performance for block storage over IP
- Volume asymmetry helps with ease of use and provides resiliency
- Fully supports running inside a VMware guest OS, using either RDM-P or VMFS vmdk with multi-write flag
- I/O Shipping allows a node with a damaged storage path to avoid being ejected from the cluster by sending data to storage via another node.
- Hadoop Connecter allows you to run the Hadoop stack on Cluster File System
- Integration with Violin Memory flash Memory Array
- Improves application performance and scalability—Get parallel processing and add servers dynamically to improve service levels and performance. Cluster File System scales performance linearly by up to 64 servers.
- Minimizes application downtime—Because data is available to all servers at all times, failover is simply limited to the time it takes the application to restart. For Oracle RAC, get sub-minute recovery at a fraction of the cost and complexity. Get higher availability for Linux and Unix environments.
- Flexibility in a VMware environment—Deploy applications in a configuration optimized for either data protection or for virtual machine mobility. Regardless of the scenario CFS continues to provide parallel access to data for high performance and application uptime.
- Reduces costs with storage consolidation—Mix and match heterogeneous storage resources, enabling storage consolidation.
- Perform online storage migrations—Move application data non-disruptively to support changing business and operational requirements, regardless of storage or platform.
- Avoid unnecessary fail-over occurrences and associated application disruption.
- Run Hadoop analytics on existing infrastructure—Eliminate expensive data moves and parallel infrastructures by running the analytics where the data resides, with the data management features and built-in resilience of Cluster File System.
- Integration with Violin Memory flash Memory Array–Get the benefits of Cluster File System at the speed and scale of memory.