This page outlines the recent changes made to the Base SDK.
- The previously internally available feature for accessing IPC interfaces through command line (using
aex-helperin the debugging mode) was improved to allow custom interfaces support.
- The custom interfaces support can be added using CLI plug-ins registered with aex-helper. A plug-in is basically a dynamically loadable object that contains special code for parsing the command line arguments into function parameters and then presenting the ouput to the user.
- The message queue framework which is used as inter-process transport by the Altiris Agent IPC framework was changed to become publicly available and re-usable. An article has been added to explain how to use the new APIs.
- AgentSDK::ANSManager class now has several additional functions which allow obtaining the URL-s for the following HTTP services on the server:
- posting events
- creating resources
- getting information about a package