Asset Management Solution 7.X: How to Track Software by Location
This article will help user to group Installed Software by ‘Location.' This will help user to track software usage count with respect various locations of the organizations. Presently, default reports of Asset and Inventory are not having way to track software by location.
UI after Adding ‘Installed Software by Location’ report:
This part of article consists following information:
- Steps to run.
- Steps Video for you:
Steps to run:
- Clone Installed Software report present at path Reports --- All Reports ---- Reports --- Discovery and Inventory --- Inventory --- Cross-platform --- Software/Applications --- Installed Software
- Give name to clone report as “Installed Software by Location”
- Edit the report by Clicking on Edit button
- Put the attached query(Installed Software Final Query.txt) into “Parameterized Query” section of ‘Data Source’
- Add ‘Computer’ as a query parameter in the ‘Query parameters’ section (with same values as similar to ‘Computer Name’ query parameter).
- Click on Save Changes.
There is also a video walking through these steps. To watch the video, please see the following link:
Attachment: Installed Software Final Query.txt