Asset Management Solution 7.X: Software License Compliance by Location
Some organizations purchase license based on locations. This article will help user to generate a report to track Software License Compliance with respect to locations.
Prerequisite before creating report:
- Make sure that ‘Installed Location’ filed of software purchase is assigned to the particular location
- Make sure that ‘Location’ filed of Edit/Create page of computer is assigned to same location as a Installed location mentioned above for software purchase.
Steps to run:
- Go to Reports --- All Reports ---- Reports --- Service and Asset Management and using context menu option create new SQL query report
- Give name to report as “Software License Compliance By Location”.
- Edit the report by Clicking on Edit button.
- Add following query parameters.
- Put the attached query into “Parameterized Query” section of ‘Data Source’ and click on Save Changes.
Explanation: This report gives compliance based on location. ‘Microsoft SQL server 2008’ software product displayed in the report is purchased for Pune and Mumbai locations. Purchased, Installed and Compliance quantity displayed in the report is based on the location
Attachment : Software License compliance by Location.zip