The following procedures explain the steps to install and configure Software Virtualization Solution.
- Software Virtualization Solution Prerequisites
- Installing Software Virtualization Solution
Software Virtualization Solution requires the following:Notification Server
- Notification Server 6.0 SP2 or higher
- One of the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4 or higher
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 or higher
- Windows XP Professional SP1 or higher
- Windows Server 2003 or higher
- Altiris Agent 6.0
If Notification Server and the Microsoft SQL Server database are NOT running on the same computer, make sure that the two computers are in the same time zone and their clocks are reasonably synchronized. Differences in times or time zones between the two computers can cause package update problems.Installing Software Virtualization Solution
Before installing Software Virtualization Solution, review Software Virtualization Solution Prerequisites.To install Software Virtualization Solution on a Notification Server
- Select Start > Programs > Altiris > Altiris Console.
This starts the Altiris Console.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- In the left pane, navigate to Upgrade/Install Additional Solutions.
- Click the Available Solutions tab.
- Click the Software Virtualization Solution link.
- Click Start.
This starts the installation of the solution. When the installation is complete, the window will automatically close.Registration
Each Altiris product comes with a 7-day trial license that is installed by default. You can register and obtain a 30-day evaluation license through our Web site at www.altiris.com or purchase a full product license.
To view your current license, open the Altiris Console, click the Configuration tab, and select Licensing.
For more information, see "Licensing Altiris Software" in the Altiris Getting Started Guide on the product CD or on our Web site: www.altiris.com/support/documentation