Configuring the CSP Report Pack for IT Analytics
IT Analytics provides cube based reporting for Altiris and other Symantec products. Currently there are packs for SEP, Altiris, CSP, and DLP.
In order to install the report pack you need to meet the following pre-requisites (NOTE refer to the IT Analytics System Requirements and also the SMP Planning and Implementation Guide):
- Symantec Management Platform (SMP)
- SQL Reporting Services
- SQL Analysis Services
Installing the IT Analytics Pack for CSP
This guide assumes you have IT Analytics and the SMP installed in your environment. If you currently do not have the SMP and ITA installed, please install these items first (the Symantec Knowledge Base has information on doing this).
Follow these steps to install the CSP Report Pack
- Open up the Symantec Installation Manager (Usually found at All Programs -> Symantec -> Symantec Installation Manger
- Select "Install New Products" at the top of the Installation Manager
- In the available products portion there is a filter for the type of products one call install, change the filter to "NONE"
- Select the IT Analytics Report Pack for CSP and select Install
This will pull in all the dependencies and relationships and make sure everything is installed correctly.
Configuring the IT Analytics Pack for CSP
There are also several fields we need to fill out in order for the connection to be complete once the installation is done. In the SMP navigate to Settings -> Notification Server -> IT Analytics Settings. There is a folder labeled "Connections" and in my case I have connections for all the products in my demo
Select the "Symantec Critical System Protection Connection and there are several fields we need to populate
- CSP Database Server Name: Name of the server, in my demo environment it would be: cspdemo.itslab.local
- CSP Database Name: Name of the database, in my demo environment it would be: SCSPDB
- CSP Database Username: Needs to be a SQL Account, in my demo environment it would be SSCSPDBA
- CSP Database Password: Put this in twice and then Apply changes
At this point you should have a configured connection to the CSP Database and the cubes should be ready to be processed
Configuring the CSP Cubes for Processing
One of the strengths of IT Analytics is the cubes are processed off hours from the normal reporting within the Symantec Management Platform and the reporting is then run off of SQL Analysis and Reporting Services instead of the CSP Database. In order to process these cubes navigate in the IT Analytics section to the folder labeled "Processing"
As mentioned, these cubes process on a schedule, but by clicking on the "Run Now" and the cubes will be processed.
Once the cubes are processed, reports can be run and built using IT Analytics