Configuring Distribution Center in LUA
LUA Installation and configuration
LUA Distribution center configuration
A Distribution Center is a single server (Central LiveUpdate Server) or a server group where updates are distributed together.
1. Log in to LUA and go to "Configure" ---> "Distribution centers" then Click on "Add".
2. Enter the details and click "Add" under "Location". One distribution center can have multiple location's.
3. Type the location details, root directory(IIS Virtual directory name) , username and password. If you want to use different port for lu communication you can specify it here(Note: You have to create a new site which listen on this port when you configure IIS)
4.Select the product to distribute from "Product list" in the bottom. You can test the location connectivity by clicking "Test" (This test will succeed after configuring IIS).
5.Create a folder in a drive where there is sufficient disk space. Give write permission for the avupdate user. This user is same as setp 3.
6. Enable webdav ( Under Web server extention. This required to accept PUT requests in IIS). Create a virtual directory named avupdates and assign write permission.
7. Change the user of anonymous account. This user is same as setp 3.
8. Schedule the distribution using Schedules tab in LUA.
9. You can test the hosted site in internet explorer.(If you have given "directory browsing" in IIS virtual directory properties then you will get page like this.)
10. Configure the SEPM to get updates from new distribution location.
11.Live update policy of a group can be configured to get updates from this distribution location.
Hope this will help administrators to configure and distribute Definitions. Give suggestion if there is a mistakes.