Duplication of Data... AKA Bad juju.
Over the past several (agonizing) weeks (not because I was working with Altiris but because this problem is bigger than life itself, it seemed like, but I digress) I have been working with Altiris support on a number of issues that has arisen within our infrastructure surrounding the duplication of data for various resources.
This book is my (feeble) attempt as describing these scenarios and how they may be resolved.
Stay tuned for subsequent postings with downloads on how to help resolve and repair each of the items discussed in the article.
As always, let me know what you think and if you have run across any of these things in your environment. Drop a comment, and as always, if you have nothing nice to say, then Flame On!
- Data Duplication: How to Find it and How to Fix It
- Data Remediation Part I: Duplicate Computer Names with Same Domain
- Data Remediation Part II: Duplicate Computer Names With Different Domain
- Data Remediation Part III: Duplicate Serial Numbers From Inventory
- Data Remediation Part IV: Duplicate Serial Numbers From Asset
- Data Remediation Part V: Cleaning Up Duplicate Serial Numbers
- Data Remediation Part VI: Serial Number Comparisons
- Data Remediation Part VII: Cleaning Up Forwarding
- Data Remediation Part VIII: Additional Items