When troubleshooting DLP Endpoint Agent slowness, it may be necessary to exclude the Symantec Endpoint Protection Agent software. On the other hand, it's unnecessary to include the files and folder of the SEP agent into the scan list of DLP agent. So, it's best to exclude the SEP agent from the DLP endpoint agent configuration.
1. Login to DLP Enforce Console, select 'System' --> 'Agents' --> 'Agent Configuration'.
2. Select the configuration from the list, usually the default one:
2. On the 'Filter by File Properties' section, click the pencil icon next to the 'Local Drive' destination, this will open to edit it:
3. On the 'File Attributes' section, input the following exclusion in the 'File Path on Destination':
C:\Users\All Users\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\*
C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\*
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\*
4. Click OK button to return to the 'Agent Configuraiton' page, then click 'Save and Apply'.
Then, the DLP Endpoint Agent will ignore the SEP agent folders and files.