How to Archive/Backup Incidents
For some reasons, you may want to archive/backup the incidents of your DLP system:
- Free up space: save off a collection of incidents in order to free up space in the database
- Allow investigation, maintain compartmentalization: export a set of incidents to deliver to an investigations team to look into, and, this investigations team doesn't have direct access to the DLP system.
- Leave a teaser (DEMO): leave potential clients with snapshots of incidents generated during a software trial.
At this time, you have two options to archive/backup your incidents:
To archive/backup the incidents from the DLP Enforce Server Console UI:
1. Login to DLP Enforce Server Console, go to 'System' --> 'Incident Data' --> 'Web Archive'.
2. Enter the Archive Name.
3. Select the report name from the 'Report to Export' drop-down list. This report should contain all the incidents you requested.
4. Click 'Create' button:
5. Defaultly, the report will be saved to this location: \Vontu\Protect\Archive\[Report Name]
All the incidents will be saved into an easy readable HTML format.
Perform a cold backup of the DLP database and restore it to another server if you need to recover an incident.
For information about peforming a cold backup please refer to your System_Maintenance_Guide.pdf