In order to create a working boot DVD with the image included on the same disk, you will need to upgrade your version of Ghost Solution Suite to the latest 2.5 build, 184.108.40.2061 or later.
Title: 'How to apply the Live Update for Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 build 2141.'
Document ID: 2008091213121160
Things you will need before you start:
- A blank CD/DVD
- A completed ghost image (.gho)
After applying the latest upgrade, open Ghost Boot Wizard, and note the version and build at the bottom to the left of the Copyright. It must be 220.127.116.111 or later.
- Select Windows PE. Click next.
- Select Standard Ghost Boot Disk. Click next.
- Leave the defaults for Client type. Click next.
- Leave defaults for Network Client Configuration. Click next.
- Leave defaults for Network Client Address unless you need to set a static IP. Click next.
- Select Create ISO Image. Give it a name and location. Check the box marked Support for bootable CDs/DVDs. Click next.
IMPORTANT: Click Add... and then click Add... again and add your .GHO file. In the Destination folder on media field, type "image" and then click OK.
- Click next.
- Click next once more to finish and create the ISO.
You are now ready to burn your ISO file to a CD/DVD. Ensure whichever media you choose has enough space. If your .GHO file(s) take up more space than can fit on 1, you will need to put just the .GHO file on the bootable disk, and the spanned image files (.GHS extension) on other CD/DVDs.
Once burned to a CD/DVD, boot the CD/DVD on your client machine.
When Ghost loads:
- Select Local.
- Select Disk.
- Select From Image
- Select the drop down menu and select the option that is D: [GHBOOTCD] CD Rom/DVD drive (note: the drive letter may not be assigned as D:)
- Open the image folder.
- Select your .GHO file. Click open.
- Select your destination drive/partition. Click OK. Click OK again.
- Proceed with disk restore.