Here are few popular "How to..." which would be assistance to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Users.
Series 1 contains the following "How to..."
1) Login into the SEPM console
2) Go to Polices >> Virus and Spyware Policy >> Edit the Virus and Spyware Policies
3) Go to “Auto-Protect” and then Advanced
4) Under Advanced – Click on Risk Tracer
5) Enable Risk Tracer
This Option will find out the “Source Computers” in the network which are infected and attacking other internal computers, so that we can work on those computers.
What is Risk Tracer?
About Risk Tracer
How to use Risk Tracer to locate the source of a threat in Symantec Endpoint Protection
1) Login into SEPM
2) Go to Admin
3) Select “Client install Settings”
4) In Tasks – Select “ Add Client install Settings”
5) Type the Name As : SEP 12.1 RU2 Upgrade
6) Select an Installation type : SILENT
7) Upgrade Settings : Select Remove all previous logs and policies, and reset client-server communication settings.
8) Click Ok
9) Go to Clients Tab
10) Select the Clients Group to which you want to upgrade to SEP 12.1 RU2
11) Go to “install Packages” Tab at the Top
12) In Tasks Select : Add a Client Install Package
13) In the Add Client install Package – Select the Latest Client Package SEP 12.1 RU2 WIN32BIT
14) In Install Settings : Select “SEP 12.1 Ru2 Upgrade settings that we have initially created
15) Click Ok
16) Repeat Step ( 13 ) and add WIN64BIT package
In the Add Client install Package – Select the Latest Client Package SEP 12.1 RU2 WIN64BIT
Now we have added the SEP 12.1 RU2 client package to the Clients group, lets monitor the status of the clients as they should now automatically upgrade to SEP 12.1 RU2.
Upgrading clients by using AutoUpgrade in Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x
Upgrading clients by using AutoUpgrade in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
Upgrade clients to SEP 12.1 by Auto upgrade feature
VIDEO - Upgrade clients to SEP 12.1 using Auto upgrade feature
1) Login into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console
2) Edit the Liveupdate Policy
3) Check the box next to : Use a Liveupdate Server
4) Enable – Allow users to manually launch Lieupdates
5) Click OK and update the Policy on the SEP clients.
6) Liveupdate Option will be enabled on the SEP client after the Policy is updated.
How to allow Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) users to run LiveUpdate manually
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 11.x - LiveUpdate - Policies explained
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 - LiveUpdate - Policies explained
1) Login into SEPM Console
2) Go to Clients Tab
3) Select one of the clients machine that you would like to make as “Unmanaged Detector”
4) Right click on the client and Click on “Enable as Unmanaged Detector”
5) Navigate to Monitors Tab
6) Go to Notifications – Notification Conditions
7) Add “Unmanaged computers”
8) Configure the Notification Condition (Unmanaged Conditions)
Best Practices: When to use the "Find Unmanaged Computers" or "Unmanaged Detector" features in Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0
Configuring a client to detect unknown devices
What does it mean to set a client as an Unmanaged Detector?