Nowday's lots of people are not using IE as their default browser which causes some issues when trying to view archived email or searching. Here is a work around if, like a lot of people, do not want to use IE as your default browser.
Mozilla FireFox IE Tab
IE Tab, an extension that enables you to use the embedded IE engine within Mozilla/Firefox.
The IE Tab extension is derived from the famous extension IE View, but much different.
While IE View always open IE-only pages in a separate Internet Explorer window, IE Tab can view them in a Mozilla/Firefox tab.
- Toolbar button and statusbar icon:
- Left click: Switches the rendering engine for the current page
- Middle click: Switches the rendering engine in a new tab
- Right click: Pops up Option dialog (for adding the URL of the current page to the "always view in IETab" list)
- [Ctrl] + Left click: Same as middle click or Open Current URL in External Application.
- Context Menu:
- On page: Switches the rendering engine for the current page
- On link: Switches the rendering engine in a new tab
- Context Menu:
- IE's ActiveX enable/disable settings do NOT work
- Navigation history list does NOT work
IE Tab latest version - MozillaUpdate
Included are the Settings to make all the Enterprise Vault Servers launch an embedded IE engine within Firefox.
To import these settings go to:
Tools à Add-ons Select IE Tab and click Options
Now select Settings à Import Settings and select the file provided.
Main Search Page in FireFox
Some Search Results
HTML Rendition of the message
Browsing Windows Update within Firefox
click, switch to IE
click, switch to Firefox
right-click on page, context-menu
right-click on link, context-menu
options dialog: Always load in IE Tab
options dialog: General Options
options dialog: Context Menu Options
options dialog: External Application Options