Including Altiris 7.1 Agent and All Plug-ins in Image and Deploying
I was having challenge were Windows Xp embedded system was getting imaged through DS 6.9, pen drive.. etc And my engineers are keeping Altiris 7.1 agent inside it. This has started making issue as same GUID was taken by all system.Altiris 7.1 is not yet implemented fully hence engineer from different location are using their local DS or other methods to capture and deploy image … to overcome from this I have found this way … And It Works …
Below steps need to be followed without fail and Point No 7 is a key
- Once System is ready with everything Install Altiris 7.1 and ensure all plug ins get installed.
- After installing with all Plug-in with proper version please do the below steps.
- Note the GUID and HOST Name.
- Stop and Disable ‘Symantec Management Agent’ service.
- Delete all files from “C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Client Policies” folder
- Run below command
"C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /resetguid
- Delete Host Name and GUID (Noted as per point 3) from Altiris 7.1 server.
- Use Fbreseal.exe (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/ms932914(v=winembedded.5).aspx)
- Capture image through 6.9. or Ghost ... Pen Drive …
- Deploy image Change the hostname, Domain …
- Enable ‘Symantec Management Agent’ service and start the same.
- Check it has got new GUID.
- Do the commit if it is a Thin Client