LUA Installation and configuration
LUA Distribution center configuration
The Symantec LiveUpdate Administrator is an enterprise Web application that allows you to manage Symantec updates on multiple internal Central LiveUpdate servers,called Distribution Centers.
1. Run the liveupdate administrator package form the 2nd CD (Before that install latest version of jre)
2. Choose the folders for LUA and Update download (Note: Select a drive which is having sufficient free space)
3. Give the user account information and finish the installation.
4. After installation go to Start---> Programs---> Symantec Liveupdate Administrator--->Liveupdate administrator. You will get a login prompt.
5. After logging into LUA you will get a home page. Home page has lot of informations like Recent activities, Current critical events, System statistics, etc.
6. By default, updates are downloaded from one of the Symantec LiveUpdate servers. You have to edit this seting to add proxy.(If yor are not using proxy go to step 10 (Add proxy information for intenet explorer also)
7. Add the proxy IP address, username password.
8. Configure proxy port. You have to set proxy information for failover servers also.
9. Add proxy IP, username, password, port and test the connectivity by clicking "Test" button. If everything is working fine you will get a message "Connection to Symantec LiveUpdate was successful". Save the settings by clicking "oK".
10. If all the parameters are configured correctly, you will get a "Ready" message in status column of "Source Server" section.
11. Now you can add a product to include in you distribution. Click on "Add new Products"
12. You can add any product from the list. I have added only SEP V11 English.
13. Make sure all the product you added are listed in "My Symantec Products" page.
14. Now you have to add Schedules for definition download from Symantec site. Click on "Add Download"
15. Give a Schedule name, add the products and set schedule time.
16. Once you add schedule u can run it on demand by clicking on "Run Now" button.
17.Activities of Schedules can be monitored from "Activity Monitor" tab.
18. If you click on "Details" you will get more information about the request.
19. Once the download of definition is complete, u can distribute these updates to Distribution centers. By default there will be two distribution centers. You have to edit them to add product's.
20. Once you do the modification in Distribution centers configuration, you have to add a schedule for Distribution. Click "New Distribution" button under "Schedules' tab. Give a name, Add the product and set the time for schedule.
21. You can run the schedule on demand by clicking on "Run Now".
22. All event logs will be available under "Event Log" tab.
23. You can use "Client Settings" tab to export the client settings host file, Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate, used by Windows LiveUpdate clients to download updates from the Distribution Center, or export a liveupdt.hst file, used by Java LiveUpdate clients.
You then copy the exported file to the \Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate directory on the LiveUpdate client computers. When the LiveUpdate client runs, it will use the host file for information on where to download updates.
You can also set the "use internal liveupdate server" setting in liveupdate policy to point to http://<server_name>:7070/clu-prod.