Some time back I published a wrapper script [vbscript and wise script] that will install the application with EXIT CODE as part of Software Delivery.
I saw posts on Connect asking for installer wrapper that will install the application and shows a completion message box to the user with specified TIMEOUT [60 mins typically]. Recently there was a request for SYSTEM REBOOT TIMEOUT message.
Keeping in all the requirements in mind, i have created the following script which will
1. Check for the source executable file [SETUP.MSI] in the source folder
2. Executes the application with specified commandline switches [/QB,/QB!, /QN,/quiet,/passive,/noreboot]
3. At the end of the installation, check for the application install return code [Exit Code]
4. Upon successful install, wrtites the result to the EVENT LOG and displays a message box [install successful and requires a reboot] to the user with 60 minutes TIMEOUT
5. Displays a message with REBOOT TIMEOUT of 60 seconds [which will force the system reboot after 60 sceconds]
So the first message box after the install will have 60 mins of timeout and reboot message box will have 60 seconds timeout. You can change the timeout according to your convenient
Feel free to edit the script according to your requirement.