Please note: LUA 2.3.0 and previous releases utilize versions of PostgreSQL which have reached end of life, therefore all customers using previous versions of LUA are advised to move to LUA 2.3.1 as soon as possible.
- The LUA web server service will now automatically restart if it crashes or terminates unexpectedly.
- LUA will now automatically install and utilise an optimised private Java Runtime Environment (version 1.6 update 27). This also means it is no longer necessary to separately install a public JRE.
- It is now possible for LUA to automatically run multiple specified distribution tasks after a download task completes.
- New quick link added to the user interface which allows customers to quickly and easily capture all LUA related troubleshooting information that Symantec Customer Support may require if answering a query or investigating a reported issue.
- Other new quick links added to the user interface: How to configure a Remote Distribution Center, Product Selection Guide: Which SEP 12.1 sub components to select.
- Added ability for LUA to automatically send email notification on successful completion of a task (can be used as a trigger for workflow / process automation).
- LUA will now automatically send an email notification when disk space is running low on the drive to which LUA is installed (the LUA database is at risk of becoming corrupted if disk space runs low).
- Email notification appearance has been enhanced (now HTML based).
- Security within the user interface has been enhanced to ensure protection from specific potential attack scenarios.
- LUA will now periodically send anonymous product information to Symantec (can be disabled if required).
- LUA now installs and utilises the latest available versions of Apache Tomcat (7.0.21) and PostgreSQL (9.0.4).
- 25 other 3rd party components upgraded.
How to download it
- Contact Symantec Technical Support to obtain the software.
- LUA 2.3.1 will also be on the SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1 DVD when it releases in April 2012.