Migrate KB Articles from ServiceDesk 7.1 to 7.5 Server
Prerequisites and limitations:
1. Both the ServiceDesk 7.1 and 7.5 server should be up and running to do the migration on real-time base.
2. When it ask to login on both the server use the account with admin privileges for both the servers.
3. This migration tool will copy the data from previous server and re-create the articles in the new ServiceDesk 7.5 server so the KB article number might not be same as your previous server.
4. This project does not copy Tags and attached document from previous server so you’ll have to re-create them.
5. At the moment Comment are only been carry form for Articles but not for Wiki, Bulletin or FAQ.
6. All Articles, Wiki, Bulletins FAQ and Categories are created with the view permission for All user Group. Any further Permission need to be re-assigned to respectively.
How to Use
1.Enter the details of the old SD server as show below.
2.Select the Appropriate Action from the List, Migrate Categories, Articles, FAQ’s, Bulletins and Wiki’s.
3.The Best policy is to first migrate the Categories. Make sure to only select the Categories which do not exist in the New ServiceDesk 7.5 Server. To avoid confusion. By Default all the categories are selected so Press Ctrl and Left click on the once you wants to migrate.
4.You will have to declare your SQL connection string in the Project Properties. Copy it from task tray tool if you have to.
5.Once its migrate the Articles you’ll see the messages for Article Imported.
Kindly refer to the attached PDF for Detailed instruction with Screenshots