PGP Frequently Asked Questions
* For new orders, will the customer received activation keys for their product upon purchase?
- For new orders, Symantec will send out certificate that contains activation but not for renewal orders
* Are PGP licenses considered as node counting?
- Old versions are node-counting/
- Newer version "Master Keys" visible in LP are not node-counting
* How should we assist customers who would like to extend their trial version?
- Customers needing more than 60 days must work with their Sales rep
- Customers should be referred to their reseller ( https://partnerlocator.symantec.com)
* If customer run a trialware and would like to upgrade to the full software, do they need to uninstall it or just upload the permanent file/ or decode the permanent key?
- Trialware can be fully activated once the customer has purchased the required licenses. Just to confirm, so once the customer got their permanent license file/key, customer does not need to uninstall the trial version instead, upload/decode the required license and it will be upgraded to a full software. The customer would not need to uninstall the trialware so that they can fully activate it.
* Are temp license keys/ files available?
- Temporary license are being sent when one requested and fill up the form for a trialware in symantec.com. However, not all products are available for trialware so it is advisable to contact Sales at 1-800-745-6054 option 3
* What is Encryption Specialization?
- The Encryption Specialization provides qualified partners with Symantec Partner Program recognition of their focused company commitment to selling PGP products and their expertise in providing PGP solutions to customers.
- It is a training and certification they must complete before they can sell PGP products
* Are PGP licenses also offered as a boxed product? How is it being sold?
- Boxed products are not being offered at this time. They will be sold as both subscriptions and initial license with bundled support.
* Customer is getting the error that my perpetual license is expiring, why?
- The maintenance is expiring, not the perpetual license key.
* Where to find the activation code?
- For new order, it is on the license certificate
- For other products, license are registered in License Portal