Putting It All Together: The Best of Two Versions: DS 6.9 and 7.1 (updated April 1, 2013)
There has been significant confusion about these two versions of Deployment Solution. Version 7.x of Deployment Solution is definitely intended to be a product upgrade from 6.9, but Symantec recognizes the need to keep both versions active until feature parity is achieved. At this time therefore, both products are fully supported and no End of Life has been made for either version.
- Understanding the fundamental differences in the two versions.
- Understanding how each version fits in the Symantec Endpoint Management portfolio.
- Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of each version of Deployment Solution.
- Understanding how to migrate from 6.9 to 7.1.
- Understanding how to migrate from 7.1 to 6.9.
- Knowing how to integrate both versions during a migration or longer.