Reassign Incident to the Current Worker
Here's the simplest and much better way to assign a ticket to the current worker. (A PDF version of this article is attached below)
It is a lot helpful having an easy self assignment of tasks if it is part of the 'Reassign' smart task. So here's how to do it. This will involve modification of the 'SD.IncidentEscallation' project.
- Unpack the SD.IncidentEscallation package. If you already have unpacked version of the project, backup a copy before starting to edit it.
- Right click on the Embedded model component called 'Declarations' and select 'Edit Component'. Then click on the 'Output Data' Elipsis as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on 'Add' to add a parameter. Give the parameter a name and select assignment type to be 'Assignment Target'. In this example I've made up a parameter name 'CurrentUserList'. You want to copy the setting as shown by the arrows in the screenshot below. Then click OK to complete the parameter creation.
- Double click on the 'Declarations' Embedded model component.
- Add 'Single Value Mapping ', 'Add New Data Element', and 'Add items to Collection' and put them in the order as shown in the screenshot below.
- Edit the 'Single Value Mapping' component and set the 'Target Type' to 'Assignment Target'. Provide an output value and makeup the 'Mapping definition'
- Map the 'Ensemble Security Token' to the Assignment Target as shown in the screenshot and click OK.
- 'Email' of Ensemble Security Token to 'Target Name' of the Assignment target
- 'Name' of Ensemble Security Token to 'Display Name' of the Assignment target
- 'UserID' of Ensemble Security Token to 'TargetID' of the Assignment target
- Edit the 'Add New Data Element' component and set the Target type to be 'Assignment Type' and set the Value to 'User' as shown in the screenshot below.
- Edit the 'Add items to collection' component to set the 'Data type' to be 'Assignment Target' and make up an array variable name. Using the same name as the parameter name as that of Step3 above. In my case I used 'CurrentUserList'.
- Double click on the 'End' component inside the Embeded model 'Declarations' and select 'CurrentUserList' as shown below. Then click OK twice to complete the change in the embedded model.
- Go to the primary Model and Edit the Form Builder component 'User Specify Escalation / Assignment'.
- Double click on the Items list on the bottom right corner of the Reassignment form. That'll allow you to edit the list of assignment targets.
- Click on Items ellipsis to add the array 'CurrentUserList' assignment target that you specified in the Embedded model in previous steps. You can arrange it in a way that the 'CurrentuserList' is the one on top. This will make the current user's name to show up the first in the line.
- Click OK through out to save all settings.
- Save the project and publish the project to server. Select NO and NO when prompted to be published to NS and to open the published project.
- Restart server extension and IIS.
- The result will be that the Current worker's name will show up for selection when one clicks on 'Reassign'