Symantec Data Insight (SDI) 4.5 lets you monitor NetApp Cluster-Mode devices running Data ONTAP 8.2. Data Insight uses the FPolicy framework to receive event notifications. These notifications are sent over a TCP connection to Data Insight's FPolicy server.
For more information, see About configuring a clustered NetApp file server.
To configure Data Insight to monitor clustered NetApp filers, do the following:
- Complete the necessary pre-requisites.
- Ensure that you have the minimum credentials required for accessing and configuring the clustered NetApp filers.
- Configure the DataInsightFPolicyCmod service on the Collector node configured to monitor the filer.
- Prepare the ONTAP cluster for FPolicy.
- Create a non-administrator account on the NetApp Cluster management host to enable discovery of shares by Data Insight.
- Add the clustered NetApp file server to the Data Insight configuration.
Data Insight 4.5 documentation is available on the SORT website.