Symantec Data Insight(SDI) 4.5 lets you monitor EMC Isilon OneFS file servers, version 7.1 or later. You can also scan and monitor events in users' home directories on the EMC Isilon storage system.
To configure Data Insight to monitor EMC Isilon filers, do the following:
- Complete the necessary prerequisites.
- Ensure that you have the minimum credentials required for configuring the Isilon filers.
- Configure audit settings on the Isilon cluster to enable Data Insight to receive information about access events from the Isilon cluster. You can configure the audit settings either from the Isilon OneFS web-based GUI console or from the Isilon command line interface.
- Install the Common Event Enabler (CEE) version 6.1 or later on the Data Insight Collector node. You can install CEE either on the same Windows server as the Collector node or on a remote server in the same directory service domain.
- Create a non-administrator account to enable Data Insight to discover CIFS shares on the filer and to list all local groups, group memberships, and local users. The non-administrator account can either be a local Isilon OneFS account or a domain account.
- Add the Isilon filers to Data Insight.
- Prerequisites for configuring Isilon file server monitoring
- Credentials required for configuring an EMC Isilon cluster
- Configuring audit settings on an EMC Isilon cluster using OneFS GUI console
- Configuring audit settings on an EMC Isilon cluster using the OneFS CLI
- Preparing Symantec Data Insight to receive event notifications from an EMC Isilon cluster
- Creating a non-administrator user for an EMC Isilon cluster
- Adding filers
- Adding or editing EMC Isilon file server options
To learn more about the options available for configuring a clustered NetApp file server, see:
Adding or editing NetApp cluster file server options.
Data Insight 4.5 documentation is available on the SORT website.