This document describes the process of remote installation of SEP 12.1 client. It should be valid for the version SEP 11.x as well.
1. Once the remote installation is run on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), on the client is created Clt-inst folder in the [root drive]\TEMP folder. If the TEMP folder does not exists, it is created as well.
The default permissions for the [root drive]\TEMP\Clt-inst are set to:
Administrators > Full Control
SYSTEM > Full Control
Users > Read and Execute, View, Read
2. Then the client installation package is copied into [root drive]\TEMP\Clt-inst folder.
3. After the package is successfully copied on client, the installation is started locally from the [root drive]\TEMP\Clt-inst folder.
4. The installation log is created on [root drive]\WINDOWS\TEMP folder.
5. Once installation is successfull, LiveUpdate is running to update client definitions.
6. After the client machine restart, the [root drive]\TEMP\Clt-inst folder is deleted (but [root drive]\TEMP folder remains, even if it did not exist before the installation).