Troubleshooting Browser Issues in IT Analytics 7.1
This article is intended to provide a solution to the most common browser issues encountered with IT Analytics Solution 7.1. It is not intended to be an exhaustive troubleshooting guide or support manual. If you need additional assistance troubleshooting issues not covered by this document, please contact Symantec Support.
Client Browser Prerequisites
This section covers client browser errors encountered within IT Analytics 7.1, due to prerequisites not being met.
Analysis Services OLEDB Provider
Client Browser Permissions
This section covers client browser errors encountered within IT Analytics 7.1, due to the security settings not being configured to work with the tool.
- This Web site uses a data provider that may be unsafe. If you trust the Web site, click OK, otherwise click Cancel.
- This Web site uses your identity to access a data source. If you trust this Website, click OK to continue, otherwise click Cancel.
- A pivot table list attempts to access data on another domain.
- The site that the control accesses is not included in the list of trusted sites.
1. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. On the Security tab, select the appropriate Web content zones.
3. For LocalIntranet, add the URL string for the Symantec Management Console.
a. For example, http://localhost/Altiris.
4. For TrustedSites, add the URL string for the Symantec Management Console.
a. For example, http://servername/Altiris.
5. Click Local Intranet Zone.
6. Click Custom Level.
7. Under Miscellaneous, set Access data sources across domains to Enable.
8. Under UserAuthentication, set Logon to Automatic logon with current username and password.
9. Repeat Steps 6-8 for the Trusted Sites Zone.