Upgrade DLP Enforce Manually
Some times, you may need to upgrade your DLP Enforce manually. Because, some times, while attempting to upgrade via the Enforce GUI, it may fail with an RSOD “There was an error uploading the file”.
You can upgrade the DLP Enforce manually.
Below are the steps for manually uploading the JAR file to the Enforce Server (upgrade 11.5 to 11.6 for example):
1. Copy the upgrade JAR file 11.6_Upgrader_Windows.jar to the \Vontu\Protect\updates directory:
2. Unzip this jar file.
3. The content on this jar package look like this:
4. Run the script start_upgrade_wizard.bat:
5. As you can see from the screenshot above, the service startup on 8300 port.
6. Open a web browser, and go to: https://localhost:8300
7. Log in as Administrator:
The next steps are the same to the the ones in this article: