Upgrade DLP into the Latest Version - Graphical Steps
Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) provide upgrade packages for each main release in a jar pack format. The customers can download the upgrader from FileConnect and upgrade their DLP into the latest version.
There are three main steps for the upgrade:
upgrade Enforce Server
upgrade Detection Server.
In the example below, we installed DLP 11.1, and need to upgrade into DLP 11.1.2.
Here are the graphical steps for the upgrade process:
1. Download the upgrader from FileConnect. The upgrader package should be named as: Symantec_DLP_11.1.2_ReleaseUpdate_Win-IN.zip. There is a jar pack inside, should be named as: 11.1.2_Upgrader_Windows.jar
2. Login to DLP Enforce Console, select 'System' --> 'Servers' --> 'Overview', click 'Upgrade' button:
3. Click 'Browse' button:
4. Select the upgrade jar package download from FileConnect:
5. Click 'Launch Upgrade' button:
6. The user will be redirected to a new page: http://<EnforceServer>/ProtectManager/UploadUpdate...
7. Login as administrator:
8. Accept the EULA:
9. System Check notification:
10. The upgrader will detect the DLP version already installed:
11. The notification of the version of this upgrader:
12. Start to perform pre-check:
13. After the pre-checks finish, click 'Next':
14. Click 'Next' button to start to upgrade the Enforce Server:
15. Upgrading the Enforce Server:
16. After the upgrade complete, click 'Next' button:
17. Select the Detection Server that you want to upgrade:
18. Click 'Finish' button to complete the upgrade process:
19. Login to Enforce Console to check the version: