Use ConfigEd.exe to config the SAV for Linux
Althought the SAV for Linux client cannot be managed by SAV Server, we can still use a tool named ConfigEd.exe to configure the GRC.DAT that can be used to distribute to your Linux client.
1. On the SAV Server, create a group that used to indentify your SAV for Linux client.
2. This will create a folder name 'Linux' under the folder: C:\Program Files\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus\Groups\, and, a GRC.DAT will located under this folder:
3. You can find the ConfigEd.exe under Tools folder of SAV's CD layout:
4. The UI of the ConfigEd.exe is the one as the below screenshot:
5. Click 'Load GRC.dat' button to load the GRC.DAT of the newly created 'Linux' group which located under C:\Program Files\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus\Groups\Linux.
6. By default, the SAV icon will not show on desktop, you can choose to enable this option which is under the 'Client Admin Only Options':
7. By defalut, the Roaming is enabled, but, no romaing server configured. Click 'Client Roaming Options' button, enter the SAV Server:
8. By default, the Parent Server is configured by server name, you can add the IP address of the Parent Server if no DNS under your environment:
9. After all the configurations and changes, click 'Sav GRC.dat' button to save the changes.
10. Distribute this GRC.DAT file to the folder /var/Symante of the Linux client.
11. The GRC.DAT file will be imported automatically every ten minutes, or, run the command /etc/init.d/rtvscand restart to restart the rtvscand to trigger it immediatly.
12. Change the path to /opt/Symantec/symantec_antivirus, then run the command symcfg -r list to check all the configurations.
For example, if you have configured an Administrator Scan, after run the command symcfg -r list | grep Administrator, the information will like this:
The information of the Parent Server will like this: