NB. Using an Identity Certificate should be for testing or POC purposes only, don’t use it in production environments.
- Download the attached file, and export it where you can access it via Symantec console.
- Open Symantec management console, Home > Mobile Management, then on the left pane Device Management > Configuration Editor.
- On the right pane under iOS configuration Click on Credentials, then click on the star icon to create a new payload.
- Click “Select cert file”, and browse to “Identity_Certificate.p12” file you saved earlier.
- Fill as below, the password is “password”
- On the left pane expand Settings, then click on iOS MDM Enrollment Configuration
- On the right pane chose the created payload earlier “Identity Certificate – Identity Certificate for POC enrollment” under Cryptographic credential used for authentication, then click “save Changes”
* In case you are not using a commercial certificate for iOS SSL communication, you need to use “Additional Configuration Profiles to include:” please revert to this article to configure iOS SSL communication https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/enrolling-ios-5-symantec-mobile-management
To sign and encrypt iOS configuration profiles check any of the below articles:
- Using Microsoft CA server https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/ios-profile-security-how-sign-and-encrypt-ios-configuration-profiles
- Using OpenSSL https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/ios-profile-security-how-sign-and-encrypt-ios-configuration-profiles-using-openssl
To configure Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) for Android push notification https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/configuring-google-cloud-messaging-gcm-symantec-mobile-management-push-notifications