SymHelp is a cross-product diagnostic utility designed for troubleshooting and identifying common issues that customers encounter.
SymHelp is designed to support the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2 and Windows 8 & Windows 2012 Operating Systems.
In case if you try running the Legacy SEP Support Tool on the machine with Windows 8 / Windows 2012 Operating System OR Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2, then you may receive the error as below:
Currently SymHelp supports the following Symantec products:
- Symantec Backup Exec 11d to 2012
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 6.5 to 8.x
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention 11.0 and later
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 and later
- Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 6.5.2 and later
- Symantec System Recovery 2010 to 2012
Check these Articles:
About Symantec Help (SymHelp) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170735
Symantec Help (SymHelp) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170752
1. Click Download Symantec Help from
2. On the File Download dialog, click Save
3. Select the location to where you want the file saved, and click Save
4. Go to the location of the downloaded file and double-click the SymHelp.exe icon.
Here are the Steps on how to collect the SymHelp Load Point Analysis Logs for the Symantec Support.
1) Once Symantec Help (SymHelp) application is Run, it would first verify with Symantec Server on the Version Status.
This Requires Internet Connection.
2) If there is a newer Release of SymHelp, it would download the same and update itself automatically.
3) Click on "I accept the EULA" and you would see the "Symantec Help" getting launched.
4) You would see the Home Screen of "SymHelp". Please Select the Correct Products for which you have to submit the SymHelp Logs.
Check the box of "Symantec Load Point Analysis" and then click on "Click to Start Scan"
5) The Load Point Analysis window would appear.
6) Click on "Settings" Button to change the Load Point Scan Settings and Proxy Settings (if any) and Click OK.
7) Click on "Scan" Button as shown in Point 5 to Scan the machine with Symantec Load Point Analysis.
8) Once done with Scanning, the Symantec Load Point Analysis would show the Report as below:
The Report would show Suspicious files, processes which are being detected by Symantec.
By Clicking on the Button "Copy files to a Folder" would let you could save the suspicious files to a particular directory of your choice.
Please zip the folder/s. Make sure that zip file does not include more than 9 files and /or 10MB of size.
To understand more, check this Article:
9) To collect the SymHelp Load Point Analysis Logs for the Symantec Support, click on "Save"
10) Insert all the Customer Information to Save the Report File, Browse to the Location to which you would like to Save the SymHelp Log file (Default Location would be the same location from where SymHelp.exe has been Run) and then click on "Save" Button.
11) SymHelp would start the saving the file to the Destination Location.
12) By Default, Saved Location would be the same location from where SymHelp.exe has been Run.
13) In case if we click on "Save and Send to Symantec Support", it would save and upload the SymHelp Logs to the Symantec FTP server.
The upload to the FTP server would require internet connection.
You would have to give the entire path to the Symantec Technician when required.
14) In case you need to Submit the Load Point Analysis and Full Data Collection Report, you may need to follow the steps provided in the Article:
and then click on Save Button to save the full Load Point Analysis and Full Data Collection Report in the .sdbz Format.
15) Once the Full Report is Saved, you may submit the Load Point Analysis and Full Data Collection Report to the Symantec Technical Support Team.