Using SymHelp, how do we collect the Load Point Analysis Logs and Submit the same to Symantec Technical Support Team.
SymHelp is a cross-product diagnostic utility designed for troubleshooting and identifying common issues that customers encounter.
SymHelp is designed to support the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2 and Windows 8 & Windows 2012 Operating Systems.
In case if you try running the Legacy SEP Support Tool on the machine with Windows 8 / Windows 2012 Operating System OR Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2, then you may receive the error as below:
- Symantec Backup Exec 11d to 2012
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 6.5 to 8.x
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention 11.0 and later
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 and later
- Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange 6.5.2 and later
- Symantec System Recovery 2010 to 2012
Check these Articles:
About Symantec Help (SymHelp) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170735
Symantec Help (SymHelp) http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH170752
This Requires Internet Connection.
12) By Default, Saved Location would be the same location from where SymHelp.exe has been Run.
13) In case if we click on "Save and Send to Symantec Support", it would save and upload the SymHelp Logs to the Symantec FTP server.
The upload to the FTP server would require internet connection.
You would have to give the entire path to the Symantec Technician when required.
In case, you haven't created any support case, please follow the steps provided in the Article below:
How to create a new case in MySymantec
How to update a support case and upload diagnostic files with MySupport
Phone numbers to contact Tech Support:-
Regional Support Telephone Numbers:
- United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
- Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
- United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_t...