The next versions of Veritas Operations Manager (VOM) and VOM Advanced (available within this year), will have exciting new features, including:
- Multi-tenancy management: Test the ability to create and manage groups of servers/clusters/arrays and providing different levels of visibility and operational access to those groups.
- Server or cluster management: Evaluate the usefulness of the brand new overview dashboards, tree based multi-pane layout, access to in context Storage Foundation or Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) operations and a host of other user interface enhancements.
- Storage reporting: Test the new storage overview dashboard, tree based organization of the array and switch objects and ability to get appropriate server side visibility.
- Licensing: Check out the new format for license reports.
- Virtualization discovery: Evaluate the end-to-end visibility for all major virtualization technologies that provides you a mapping from virtual machine to the array disks.
- Disaster recovery planning: Test the Recovery Plan feature that uses Virtual Business Services (VBS) and an open framework for custom scripts to execute your Disaster Recovery workflows.
- SAN fabric discovery: View your SAN infrastructure and the correlations with the discovered servers and storage arrays.
- Enhanced dashboard: Create custom dashboards for individual users.
- Topology views: See relationships between different elements of the configuration.
- Web services API: A partial implementation to get configuration details out of the VOM database as well as set user definable attributes.
The VOM and VOM Advanced 6.0 Technology Previews are available now. Customers already running the VOM Management Server are ideal candidates to participate and provide feedback. New customers who have shown interest and been waiting for some of these features are welcome as well. There are 2 options for customers to participate:
- Option -1: Install VOM in your lab and configure your servers/clusters/arrays or use one of our preconfigured virtual machine images. Minimal installation steps required but this will give you the flexibility of testing the product per your will and for a longer time period. Also, this will allow more folks from your organization to get their hands on the product.
- Option-2: Participate in a usability test where you will engage in a Webex call and walk through an area of the product that you are interested in.
To participate, please contact the Veritas Operations Manager team. Customers will have a great opportunity to test the new features and provide feedback in order to improve and address new product developments. Moreover, customers who participate and submit feedback will receive an incentive of up to $175.