What’s new in SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1
Updated on 20th Nov'12
SEP RU2 is releases now you can check details here What's new in SEP 12.1 RU2
Symantec has released SEP 12.1 RU1 MP1, release details can be found here: http://bit.ly/m0vOJp
This build's version is: 12.1.1101.401. Build version is same for both the versions i.e. Small Business Edition and Enterprise Edition.
It has a feature of Third party software removal.
Under client install settings you will have to check the option, Automatically uninstall existing security software.
This features is available in Both Enterprise Edition and Small Business Edition version .It will add default package size by 14 MB.
Check the following KB article for more details:
Option in EE
Option in SBE
System Change Exception (DNS)
Ability to exclude specific process from the SONAR System change prevention system
Resetpass.batch file is removed from tools folder.
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU1 MP1 has a new and safer mechanism to reset passwords. To reset the password, click the "Forgot your password?" link on the Manager logon screen. The old method for removing passwords has been removed
SEP 12.1 is using third party software with latest engines.
• Tomcat Upgrade From 6.0.29 to 6.0.35
• JRE Upgrade from v1.6u21 to 1.6.0_29
• PHP Upgrade from v5.3.3 to 5.3.9
• Apache to 2.2.22
Also The Latest Version of SEP 12.1.1101.401 (RU1 MP1) has -
• Browser Intrusion Prevention in the Intrusion Prevention Policy is compatible with Firefox 9 and Firefox 10.
• The Quarantine Server is compatible with 64 bit operating Systems.
• Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) Support
• Release of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management Plug-in 1.5 for Kaseya
• Changes to Tamper Protection alerts and logging
• Trialware package size reduction
• Support for SQL Server 2012
• STAR updates
• Security updates
Note for Trialware Customer:
For Symantec Endpoint Protection Trialware users, the download no longer contains the following folders:
Note: To create a 32-bit Windows client installation package without installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager, go to the installation folder, which is usually c:\Program Files\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\SEPM\Packages. Copy SAV32.dat to SAV32.zip, and extract all from the
1) Release Notes for Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition, and Symantec Network Access Control, version 12.1, Release Update 1 MP1
2) New fixes and features in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 Release Update 1 Maintenance Patch 1
3) Upgrading or migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1101 (RU1 MP1)
NOTE: About Migration paths
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1101.401 (RU1 MP1) can migrate seamlessly over the following:
Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1000.157 (RU1)