What's New in Symantec™ Data Loss Prevention 11
What's New in Symantec™ Data Loss Prevention 11: Simplify the protection of unstructured data and streamline the process of data clean up.
Symantec™ Data Loss Prevention 11 introduces the first machine learning capability designed to simplify the implementation of data loss prevention to protect unstructured data. Together with new features that identify and notify the owners of sensitive data, Data Loss Prevention 11 helps you deliver business value by giving business users the information they need to protect their sensitive data.
Data Loss Prevention 11 builds on our experience making data loss prevention work – changing the way millions of people think about sensitive information. Additional new features across the entire suite help you stay ahead of threats to your customers, brand and information assets with the most advanced solution available.
Simplify the implementation of Data Loss Prevention
• Vector Machine Learning (VML)1 is a new detection technology for unstructured data that learns how to recognize sensitive data based on samples. Creating policies using VML to protect unstructured data like source code, product formulas and other intellectual property is more accurate than describing the data, and is less time consuming than fingerprinting all your sensitive data.
Streamline remediation of data at rest
• Risk Scoring assesses each network folder and highlights those at greatest risk based on the amount of sensitive data in the folder and who has access to it. With risk scoring, Symantec gives you a way to zero in on where to start your data clean-up efforts.
• Data Owner Remediation leverages Symantec™ Data Insight to identify the most frequent user of a file and automatically sends them a notification that their data may be at risk. Data Owner Remediation helps change the way people think about managing their sensitive information.
Better endpoint protection
• Application File Access Control monitors and blocks sensitive files accessed by any application, including encrypted protocols. Now you can protect sensitive data without restricting access to applications like iTunes®, Skype™and WebEx™.
• Trusted Devices support ensures that sensitive data can be copied to approved external storage devices, while nonsensitive data can be copied to other devices. Leverage the convenience of USB devices that automatically encrypt files.
• FlexResponse automatically protects sensitive data stored on PCs with encryption and Enterprise Rights Management.
Protect email and Web in the cloud
• Hybrid Network Prevent lets you co-locate Data Loss Prevention with your hosted service provider. Now you can extend the leading enterprise Data Loss Prevention capability into the cloud to lower your risk of data loss.
Note 1: Available in the first half of 2011.