This whitepaper is part of a series about the various tools available for PST migration with Symantec
Enterprise Vault 8.0. The series comprises the following whitepapers:
- PST Migration with Enterprise Vault 8.0: Part 1 - Solution Overview
- PST Migration with Enterprise Vault 8.0: Part 2 – The Tools in Depth
- PST Migration with Enterprise Vault 8.0: Part 3 – Planning, Tech Tips and Best Practice
This whitepaper provides a high-level overview of the PST problem, the issues with PST migration, and how
the PST migration tools available in Enterprise Vault can solve them. For more detail on the tools
themselves, and best practices and tips, please refer to the other whitepapers in this series.
The whitepaper is intended primarily for Symantec and partner System Engineers and aims to:
- prepare you to identify opportunities and present the value proposition for migrating PSTs with Symantec Enterprise Vault
- deliver a brief technical sales presentation regarding PST migration
- understand the technology fundamentals of PST migration
It is assumed that the reader will be familiar with the concepts of PST files, and have some familiarity with
general Enterprise Vault concepts and terminology.