On December 7 we will release our MessageLabs Intelligence 2010 Annual Security Report looking back at the changes in the threat landscape during 2010. We also use the opportunity to look ahead at potential trends for next year. In the days leading up to the publication of the report we will share a few of these trends.
Automation Advances Targeted Attacks
Highly targeted attacks are steadily increasing in number. These carefully crafted attacks target specific users in specific organizations and require significant effort and research on behalf of the cybercriminal.
In 2011 criminal enterprises will increasingly automate this research to create a heavier volume of more powerful and convincing attacks that appear particularly relevant, interesting and/or newsworthy to the intended victims.
Later today: Targeted Attacks Diversify
- Global Spam Trends: http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/2011-trends-global-spam
- Distributed Workforce Drives Security Policies: http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/2011-trends-distributed-workforce-drives-security-policies
- Security and Services Continue Migrate to the Cloud: http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/2011-trends-security-and-services-continue-migrate-cloud
- Making Web Security Work in an Era of Pervasive Threats: http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/2011-trends-making-web-security-work-era-pervasive-threats
- Stuxnet Strikes Up Malware Specialization: http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/2011-trends-stuxnet-strikes-malware-specialization
- Trending Topics Fashioned to Follow the News : http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/2011-trends-trending-topics-fashioned-follow-news