Organizations are spending more on security and believe they’re adequately protected, yet data breaches continue to impact consumers, businesses and governments – the number of breaches jumped 62 percent in 2013. Overworked and understaffed, security teams are stitching together “good enough” security point products that weren’t designed to work together. Not only does this make you more vulnerable to breaches, but it also increases operational complexity.
Symantec Data Loss Prevention 12.5 introduces new features that give you greater control over your confidential data and simplify the management of DLP including:
- NEW! Single Server Installation support enables you to deploy the DLP detection servers, Enforce Platform, and Oracle database on a single physical server for branch offices or small organizations (1,000 users or less), and lowers hardware and maintenance costs.
- NEW! Self-Service Remediation Portal (for Symantec Data Insight) enables business data owners to review and remediate network file policy violations directly from an intuitive online portal, and streamlines the risk remediation process.
- IMPROVED! DLP Endpoint Agent discovers data stored on Mac OS X; discovers, monitors and prevents events on Microsoft Windows 8.1 Desktop; monitors virtual desktops and applications hosted by Citrix XenApp 6.5, VMware View and Microsoft Hyper-V; and monitors data transferred through the Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
- IMPROVED! Endpoint Indexed Document Matching evaluates documents for exact content matches on endpoints in real-time and provides greater control over data use when users are off the network.
- IMPROVED! Exact Data Matching more accurately detects structured data (i.e., databases, spreadsheets) containing complex, multi-word phrases which reduces false positives.
To learn more, read the data sheet below or visit go.symantec.com/dlp. Stay tuned for details on our upcoming deep-dive webcast on Data Loss Prevention 12.5!